OBA Webinar - Dealing with the Board of a Financially Distressed CompanyTuesday, April 12, 2016
Nicholas Dobbek chairs Dealing with the Board of a Financially Distressed Company webinar for the Ontario Bar Association.
Rob Wortzman participates as a featured speaker.
The webinar focuses on key issues such as:
- What does the Board need to consider in terms of safeguards or otherwise when the company is facing financial distress?
- Do the Board's duties or decision-making change in those circumstances?
- When should the Board appoint a Special Committee to deal with financial distress? Who should be on a Special Committee?
- When should the Board or a Special Committee be separately represented - and by whom?
- What are the ethical obligations of a lawyer dealing with the company to raise those issues for the Board?
- What are the additional factors to bear in mind when dealing with a public company and its Board?
Click here for Nicholas Dobbek’s full bio.
Click here for Rob Wortzman’s full bio.