Wildeboer Dellelce has a diverse and dedicated practice in the area of investor activism. We represent investors based in Canada and the United States in both friendly and contested situations, as well as issuers contending with activist investors.
Our experience covers a broad spectrum of public issuer situations, including requisitions, proposals, contested director elections and proxy contests, acting for special committees tasked with managing activist situations, settlement agreements and advising clients at contested meetings, as well as analyzing atypical situations and determining the applicable legal solutions. We have advised in situations that play out in public forums and have also had success in managing situations that result in negotiated settlements.
Our expertise extends to contested public transaction regulatory compliance, with a particular expertise related to regulated financial institutions. We have experience in situations involving both regulatory and court supervision.
We also have years of experience advising clients in a variety of private company disputes.
- Representing Phil Mulacek and other shareholders of InterOil Corporation in their requisition of a special meeting of the shareholders of InterOil and subsequent nomination of an alternative slate of directors for InterOil.
- Representing Eugene Melnyk in his requisition of a special meeting of the shareholders of Biovail Corporation.
- Representing major shareholders of Unique Broadband Systems, Inc. in various contested actions.
- Representing Martinrea International Inc. in connection with an alternative slate of directors proposed for election by dissident shareholders.
- Representing the chairman of the requisitioned special meeting called by dissident shareholders of Aberdeen International Inc.
For more information on our Corporate Governance practice area or to speak with us regarding any of your business law needs, please contact any of the contacts listed, or call us at 1 866 WILDLAW (945 3529).