Wildeboer Dellelce LLP Announces Formation of esports Practice GroupTuesday, June 4, 2019
Wildeboer Dellelce, one of Canada’s largest corporate, securities and business transactional law firms, today announced the formation of a new esports Practice Group. Wildeboer Dellelce is among the first law firms in Canada to launch a law practice area focused on the esports industry.
The esports Practice Group will provide advice in connection with a full range of corporate, commercial, securities and tax law matters, including advising on governance and corporate finance matters, an ever-increasing range of commercial agreements and franchising arrangements, engaging with federal and provincial regulatory agencies, advising on gaming legislation, regulatory and compliance issues including consumer protection legislation, as well as data governance, cybersecurity and privacy matters.
In addition, the group has an embedded immigration lawyer, serving as a resource for companies or individuals requiring assistance with team player visas.
Wildeboer Dellelce acts for some of Canada’s emerging and leading esports companies and related platforms. Notable esports clients or mandates include:
- Counsel to Tiidal Gaming Group (formerly SetToDestroyX)
- Corporate and securities counsel to WorldGaming Ltd. prior to its acquisition by Cineplex Entertainment Inc., acting on its behalf on a variety of matters, including its acquisition of Collegiate Starleague (CSL).
- Bragg Gaming Group Inc.’s (formerly Breaking Data Corp.) multiple public financings
- Private placement financing for Versus Systems Inc., a US based technology provider and developer of proprietary in-game prizing and promotions used in interactive media
- Acquisition of Combat Sports Websites by Rebellion Media Group Corp.
- Investment in Virgin Gaming by Difference Capital and subsequent sale of securities
- Private placement financing for Transgaming Inc., a global leader in the multiplatform deployment of interactive entertainment
Perry Dellelce, Managing Partner of Wildeboer Dellelce and Chair of the WD Group of Companies, states, “Through the formation of the esports practice group, we are, once again, differentiating our law firm from all other law firms in Canada. Esports is one of the fastest growing new age industries and we are very excited to be taking on this new initiative which reinforces the WD brand and Wildeboer Dellelce, specifically, as one of the most innovative and entrepreneurial law firms in Canada.”
About Wildeboer Dellelce
With over 50 professionals, Wildeboer Dellelce offers private and public clients services in the areas of Corporate Finance and Securities, Mergers and Acquisitions, Tax, Corporate Governance & Investor Activism, Corporate and Commercial Law, Commercial Real Estate, Debt Products and Structured Finance and Asset Management.
The firm works across various industries including financial services, real estate, technology (including fintech and blockchain), cannabis, esports, biotechnology, industrial and consumer goods and natural resources.
Wildeboer Dellelce is part of the WD Group of Companies which also includes WD Capital Markets Inc. (wdcapital.ca), a corporate finance and M&A advisory firm with registrations in Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta and Quebec and WD Numeric Corporate Services Inc. (wdnumeric.ca), an established corporate services and bookkeeping company providing clients with a full portfolio of services including payroll, accounting, tax filings and compliance, controllership, financial strategies, audit prepping and outsourced CFO services.
Diana Lawrence, Director of Marketing and Business Development
Wildeboer Dellelce LLP
416 847 6911