Colin is an associate practising in the areas of tax, corporate finance and securities and corporate and commercial law.
Colin practises in all areas of income tax law, with an emphasis on domestic and cross-border corporate planning, public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, partnerships, private equity investments and investment funds.
Colin’s corporate and securities law practice focuses on clients with innovative business models and products, such as digital assets and esports offerings.
Firm mandates that Colin has been involved with include:
- Acquisition of NEO by Cboe Global Markets
- Acquisition of First Ledger Corp. by WonderFi Technologies Inc.
- Launch of non-fungible token marketplace by Blockchain Foundry Inc.
- Registration of crypto trading platform Bitbuy Technologies Inc. and associated exemptive relief order
- Reverse takeover and public listing of Irwin Naturals Inc.
- Canaccord Genuity G Ventures Corp. $15 million IPO
Colin earned a Juris Doctor from the University of Toronto Faculty of Law, where he held editorial positions with both the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review and the Journal of Law and Equality and worked as a Research Assistant for several professors. Colin was also awarded the Blake, Cassels & Graydon Taxation Prize for taking the highest place in taxation law.
Colin has obtained a Certificate in Blockchain Law from Osgoode Hall Law School and is currently enrolled in the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada’s three-year In-Depth Tax Program.
Colin is a member of the Law Society of Ontario and the Canadian Tax Foundation.
Outside of law, Colin’s interests include playing and watching sports, travelling, and reading and watching classic books and movies.