Sanjeev is a partner practising in the areas of corporate and commercial and securities law with an emphasis on corporate finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
Firm mandates that Sanjeev has been involved with include:
- Acted for the underwriters on Quisitive Technology Solutions, Inc.’s $62.6 million public offering in connection with the proposed acquisition of BankCard USA.
- Acted for Globacor Capital Inc. and seller of DLK on Avenue in its acquisition by MedSpa Partners.
- Acted for BC Partners in connection with Mount Logan Capital Inc. plan of arrangement and $40.5 million financing.
- Various transactions with Mind Medicine (MindMed) Inc. including $32 million private placement and listing on NEO Exchange Inc.
- Acted for Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc. in its acquisition of Canadian business portfolio of Cardiome Pharma for $25.5 million.
Sanjeev represents a number of public and private corporations in a variety of industries including financial services, healthcare, technology, retail and natural resources. Sanjeev regularly counsels clients across a broad spectrum of transactions including domestic and cross-border financings and M&A transactions, corporate restructurings and reorganizations, proxy contests and secured lending transactions. Sanjeev also assists clients with their regulatory filings and their dealings with provincial securities commissions and stock exchanges.
In March 2016, Sanjeev was appointed to the Ontario Securities Commission's Continuous Disclosure Advisory Committee for a two year term. In 2008, Sanjeev completed a six month secondment in the Corporate Finance Branch of the Ontario Securities Commission.
Recently, Sanjeev partnered with Counselwell, an online resource centre for in-house counsel, to deliver a video on boilerplate clauses. The video focuses on the meaning behind these boilerplate clauses, as well as drafting best practices to help in-house counsel avoid potential disputes.
Sanjeev participates in a number of initiatives at the firm including membership on the firm’s professional standards committee and student committee as well as active involvement in the firm’s continuing legal education endeavours.
Sanjeev is a graduate of the Faculty of Pharmacy at the University of Manitoba and prior to attending law school, practised as a Pharmacist in both Manitoba and Ontario.