Marija is an associate in our tax practice. She practises in all areas of income tax law, with an emphasis on domestic and cross-border corporate planning, public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, partnerships, private equity investments and investment funds.
Firm mandates that Marija has been involved with include:
- Mind Medicine (MindMed) Inc. $32 million private placement and listing on NEO Exchange Inc.
- Starlight U.S. Multi-Family (No. 1) Core Plus Fund $213.8 million IPO
- Osino Resources Corp. $14 million overnight marketed equity financing
- Astley Gilbert acquisition of its shares from Founders Advantage Capital
- Gold Miners Split Corp. $30 million IPO
- Abacus Health Products, Inc. $34.5 million bought deal prospectus offering
- Gran Colombia Gold Corp. $20 million private placement offering of convertible debentures
- Acquisition of INKAS® Security Services Ltd. by 3 Sixty Secure
- Acquisition of Baffin by Canada Goose for $32.5 Million
Marija graduated from the University of Windsor in the top 2% of her class and was the recipient of the Blake Cassels & Graydon LLP Prize for the highest standing in corporate/commercial subjects. Marija has completed the Canadian Bar Association’s Tax Law for Lawyers and is currently enrolled in the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada’s three-year In-Depth Tax Program.
Marija is a member of the Law Society of Ontario and the Canadian Tax Foundation.
In her spare time, Marija enjoys riding her motorbike, baking, travelling and playing board games.