Rebecca practises corporate law with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and private equity. Rebecca has experience in both public and private M&A and corporate finance transactions, and has represented issuers, investment banks and investors in a variety of transactions. Rebecca also provides guidance to clients on ongoing corporate governance and securities law matters.
Rebecca has worked with clients in a range of sectors, including technology, asset management and cannabis.
Firm mandates that Rebecca has been involved with include:
- Acquisition of Hiku Brands by Canopy Growth Corporation valued at over $540 Million
- Real Matters Inc. IPO valued at $1.13 Billion
- Acquisition of Baffin by Canada Goose for $32.5 Million
- Starlight U.S. Multi-Family (No. 1) Value-Add Fund $86 Million IPO
- Acquisition of Heritage Education by Knowledge First to create Canada’s largest RESP provider
Rebecca completed her articles with the firm in 2016. Prior to joining the firm, Rebecca worked in the legal department of one of Canada’s largest investment fund companies and also worked as a researcher for a mergers and acquisitions boutique in Toronto.
Rebecca received her J.D. from Queen’s University, where she received course prizes for attaining the highest standing in both Corporate Finance and Contested Transactions. Rebecca also completed a program in International Business Law at Herstmonceux Castle in England. Rebecca has also completed the Canadian Securities Course.
Rebecca was also recently featured as a presenter in a video series for Dragons’ Den focussing on legal tips for entrepreneurs.