Sarim is an associate practising primarily in the areas of corporate finance and securities, asset management and investment funds and banking and secured financings. Sarim joined the firm as a summer student in 2018 and articled with the firm in 2019-2020.
He works across a number of industries including mining, cannabis, psychedelics, technology, investment funds and esports.
Mandates that Sarim has been involved with include:
- Mind Medicine (MindMed) Inc. $32 million private placement, listing on NEO Exchange Inc. and $19.5 million bought deal private placement
- Gran Colombia Gold Corp. in various transactions including its spin-off of Marmato Mining Assets, $40 million private placement and $15 million strategic investment by Eric Sprott
- Acting for the underwriters on Newstrike Resources Ltd. $51.75 million bought deal financing
- Acting for the underwriters on Prime Mining Corp. $28.8 million bought deal private placement financing
- Acting for the agents on Flower One Holdings Inc. $20.85 million public offering
- Acting for the underwriters on WELL Health Technologies Corp. $14.4 million bought deal prospectus offering
- Planet 13 acquisition of California dispensary license and assets
Sarim earned a Juris Doctor from Western University’s Faculty of Law. He also holds an Honours Bachelor of Arts from the University of Toronto. Prior to law school, Sarim worked in a marketing agency in a sales and business development role. Outside of law, Sarim is continuing to pursue his interest in finance and investment management, having completed the Canadian Securities Course, Investment Funds in Canada, Islamic Finance Qualification, and Alternative Investments with Harvard Business School Online.
Sarim’s other interests include travelling and supporting Toronto’s professional sports teams.