In our Asset Management & Investment Funds practice, we provide a wide range of services to our clients in all aspects of asset management and investment fund activities covering a broad array of asset classes including equity, fixed income, commodities, hedge, private equity, private debt, real estate and mortgages. Our lawyers in this area group are experts in a wide range of services to sponsors and distributors of investment products. Such services include:
- Establishing firms and obtaining registration (or exemptions from registration) for firms under securities and other relevant legislation;
- Assisting with creating the optimal structure from a tax and regulatory standpoint;
- Preparing offering documentation, subscription agreements and regulatory documentation for a variety of special purpose entities and firms;
- Counselling international investment managers regarding raising capital from Canadian resident investors;
- Advising with respect to financing transactions, including public and private placements of equity and debt securities by sponsors and special purpose entities; and
- Assisting with public and private transactions involving the acquisition and reorganization of structured products sponsors and/or their right to manage investment products.
For more information on our Asset Management & Investment Funds practice area or to speak with us regarding any of your business law needs, please contact any of the Contacts listed to the rightbelow, or call us at 1 866 WILDLAW (945 3529).