We act for issuers, investment dealers, private companies and venture capital and private equity funds both in Canadian and cross-border transactions relating to:
- Public and private debt and equity financings, including venture capital financing and initial public offerings;
- Stock exchange listings on TSX, TSX-V, the NEO Exchange and other major exchanges, including CPCs and reverse takeovers;
- Equity and debt restructurings and reorganizations;
- Mergers and acquisitions including private mergers and acquisitions, public take-overs and reverse take-overs;
- Ongoing compliance with securities laws and continuous disclosure requirements; and
- Tax planning and structuring as it relates to all corporate finance activities.
We represent both corporate issuers and investment dealers in the structuring and sale of securities in a variety of financing stages, including pre-public financing, public offerings and private placements. In doing so, we assist companies in identifying and accessing potential sources of capital and in structuring, negotiating and documenting financing transactions at all business stages, including seed, angel, venture capital, bridge, convertible, debt, private placements and public offerings.
We also assist investment dealers, venture capitalists and other investors with all transactional elements, including tax planning and structuring, due diligence and identifying and implementing exit strategies.
Our lawyers have experience serving the large derivatives dealers in-house, as well as assisting private and public issuers facing dealers on their derivatives deals. With that breadth of experience, we can offer practical, common sense advice on what to engage on versus what is the market standard in this developing space.
For more information on our Corporate Finance practice area or to speak with us regarding any of your business law needs, please contact any of the Corporate Finance Contacts listed to the rightbelow, or call us at 1 866 WILDLAW (945 3529).