In our M&A practice, we advise clients on the purchase and sale of both public and private businesses, including purchase and sale agreements, take-over bids, reverse take-over bids, plans of arrangements, management buy-outs and going private transactions. Clients include both purchasers and vendors (private and public), as well as financial advisers, institutional and private equity investors, lenders and special committees of public target companies.
Some of the services that we provide include:
- Advising on divestiture strategies and structuring
- Planning acquisition strategies structuring
- Advising on acquisition financing for purchasers, either debt or equity
- Implementing all transactional aspects of a deal
- Developing appropriate and tax efficient transaction structures
- Assisting target companies in preparing for and defining take-overs and reverse take-overs, including negotiating support agreements in friendly bids and implementing defence mechanisms in hostile bids
- Advising special committees
For more information on our Mergers & Acquisitions practice area or to speak with us regarding any of your business law needs, please contact any of the Mergers & Acquisitions Contacts listed to the rightbelow, or call us at 1 866 WILDLAW (945 3529).