Wildeboer Dellelce is one of the first Canadian law firms to launch a practice focused on the eSports industry.
Our eSports Practice Group provides advice in connection with a full range of corporate, commercial, securities and tax law matters, including:
- Advising on structuring and formation
- Regulatory and compliance issues
- Governance and corporate finance matters
- Advising on tax issues regarding formation, contracts, intellectual property and other related matters
- Commercial agreements
- Engaging with various federal and provincial regulatory agencies
- Gaming legislation
- Consumer protection legislation
- Data governance, cybersecurity and privacy matters
The firm currently acts for some of Canada’s most promising, emerging eSports companies and related platforms.
In addition to providing direct legal advice, we are frequently called upon to project-manage or quarterback the various legal needs of our clients in high-growth sectors such as eSports due to their global nature and intersection with various jurisdictions and areas of law.
The firm’s current eSports experience stems from experience with a range of sports and media-related businesses as well as the emergence of digital platforms, gaming and the token economy. The firm represents sports leagues and teams such as the newly formed Canadian Premier League (soccer), The Sudbury Wolves Hockey Club, The Sudbury Five Basketball Club and has facilitated investments into or the acquisition of sports or eSports franchises.
For more information on how we can assist you in this sector or to speak with us regarding any of your business law needs, please contact:
RECENT TRANSACTIONSview more transactions »
RECENT LEGAL UPDATES
There are no recent legal updates.