Marija is a lawyer in our tax group. She practises in all areas of income tax law, with an emphasis on domestic and cross-border corporate planning, public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, partnerships, private equity investments and investment funds. Curious by nature, Marija enjoys learning about all aspects of a client’s business and coming up with creative solutions to meet their goals.
Firm mandates that Marija has been involved with include:
- Flora Growth Corp. $40 million acquisition of Franchise Global Health Inc.
- Advanced Health Intelligence Ltd. acquisition of Wellteq Digital Health Inc.
- Acquisition of Studio City Toronto and Studio City Rentals by Sunbelt Rentals of Canada
- QYOU Media Inc. $3.2 million private placement of units
- Gin-Cor Industries Inc. acquisition of Drivetec Manufacturing Ltd.
- Business combination of GCM Mining Corp. and Aris Gold Corporation
- WELL Health Technologies Corp $34.5 million bought deal common share offering
- Flow Beverage Corp. RTO and listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange
Marija graduated from the University of Windsor in the top 2% of her class and was the recipient of the Blake Cassels & Graydon LLP Prize for the highest standing in corporate/commercial subjects. Marija is in the process of completing the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada’s In-Depth Tax Program.
When she is not travelling or exploring the local food scene, Marija enjoys playing board games or watching the latest Netflix reality show.
EducationJD, University of Windsor (2017) LL.B., University of Dundee, Scotland (2014)
AffiliationsLaw Society of Ontario Canadian Tax Foundation
Bar AdmissionsCalled to the Ontario Bar 2018