Start-ups & Emerging Companies
Our expertise and comprehensive, scalable approach is well-suited to start-ups and emerging companies, especially in high-growth sectors such as technology, cannabis, blockchain and fintech.
Our approach to legal services within Start-ups & Emerging Companies is comprehensive and scalable. We understand the need to be agile, and our menu-driven model is well-suited to start-ups and emerging companies in Canada and the United States, especially in high-growth sectors such as technology, cannabis, blockchain and fintech.
Some of the services we provide:
- Incorporation and organization of your business, structuring advice, registrations and filings
- Standard shareholders’ agreements and corporate constating documents
- Standard offer letter and employment/consulting agreements
- Intellectual property ownership issues, non-disclosure agreements, non-competition and related issues
- Standard technology licensing, distribution and services agreements
- Review of licensing, banking, leasing and other third-party agreements
- Term sheets, share subscription agreements, securities law compliance, employee incentive plans and shareholder related issues
- Financing structuring advice and introductions
Our experience in Start-ups & Emerging Companies also extends beyond the firm. For over 5 years, Wildeboer Dellelce LLP has partnered with the Osgoode Venture Capital Clinic (OVC), which has provided legal services to over 100 early stage entrepreneurial ventures in the financing and equity structuring stages of growth. For more information on the program or how you can apply to be a client, click here.