Corporate Finance & Securities
Within Corporate Finance & Securities, we act for public issuers, investment dealers, private companies and venture capital and private equity funds, on a number of Canadian and cross-border transactions.
Our capabilities within Corporate Finance & Securities are vast. We act for public issuers, investment dealers, private companies and venture capital and private equity funds.
Whether within Canada or cross-border, we can help with transactions involving:
- Public and private equity and debt financings, including venture capital financing, private placements and initial public offerings
- Stock exchange listings on TSX, TSX-V, NEO, CSE and major international exchanges
- Equity and debt restructurings and reorganizations
- Mergers and acquisitions including take-private transactions, take-over bids and reverse take-overs
- Ongoing compliance with securities laws and continuous disclosure requirements
- Tax planning and structuring as it relates to all corporate finance activities
We represent both corporate issuers and investment dealers in the structuring and sale of securities in many financing stages, including seed rounds, pre-public financing, public offerings and private placements.
Our approach within this work is detail-oriented and focused on your business needs: we assist in identifying and accessing potential sources of capital and structuring, negotiating and documenting financing transactions at all business stages — seed, angel, venture capital, bridge and convertible debt, private placements and public offerings.
We also assist investment dealers, venture capitalists and other investors with all transactional elements, including tax planning and structuring, due diligence and identifying and implementing exit strategies.
Lastly, our lawyers have experience in serving the large derivatives dealers in-house, as well as assisting private and public issuers facing dealers on their derivatives deals.